Tuesday 20 March 2018

Which Is Better – Wrought Iron or Fiberglass?

During my stint living in London, I developed a crush. On wrought iron fences. And I will say you the reason behind.

Stately, secure and strong, what is not to like? Every morning while sipping my favorite apricot cream flavored coffee in my Swedish style designed balcony I watch Lilian taking selfies at her newly designed patio with wrought iron fences and posting those pictures boastfully on her Facebook pages.

Though I don’t prefer giving her and her newly fenced patio much attention, but the striking appearance of the beautiful patio is something that surely cannot go missed. They didn’t only look pristine and stately, but the fence panels really looked sturdy and added more security to the house.

As soon as I took the last sip of my coffee, I rushed for a shower thinking that I might not miss my flight as I was about to visit my parents staying in Georgia after 2 whole years (breathe a sigh of relief, that finally I am going to my home). With work taking a toll over me here and with no offs allowed for the project I was working in, taking leaves had been next to impossible.

Finally, I boarded the flight and was waiting for it to take off first as I couldn’t wait more being home. It felt like the clock is ticking really slow. In the mean time, I called and informed my mother that my flight is about to take off in some minutes. Her voice was equally filled with happiness to be able to see her daughter after so long.

And finally am Home!!!! After having delicious and mouth-watering mom handmade foods, I sat down to chit chat with my mother in our backyard. And seeing it in a dilapidated condition, I thought to give it a makeover with some beautiful furniture pieces collection and strikingly looking fences.

While surfing Google, I found so many fence types made from a variety of materials. Around my neighborhood, I had seen metal, cedar, vinyl, steel, chain link, wrought iron, fiber and a number of other types. So, shopping for the apt one got very confusing upon seeing such terms being tossed and interchanged.

As I had seen Lilian’s beautifully looking wrought iron fences, so, I decided to give my patio a makeover with those fences only. But before arriving in any conclusion, my mother suggested me to talk to my uncle once (for his vast knowledge on what fence types to go for). I agreed immediately.

I gave him a call in the evening around 7 PM and he was very happy hearing I am home and also invited me for a dinner with his family. After talking him for an hour and knowing pros and cons of various fences, I got confused between wrought iron and fibreglasses.

To my utter surprise uncle also cleared out this confusion by narrating me a fact that many of you might not be aware of (I think)!!

Did You Know Wrought Iron Sink the Titanic?

The RMS Titanic had more than 3 million rivets holding the steel plates together on. Present day forensic evidence recommends that some of the rivets used in the front of the ship were wrought iron. When the Titanic struck the iceberg that night in 1912, the impurities in those wrought iron rivets caused them to sheer and opened up the steel plates of her hull like a zipper - condemning the passengers to an icy death.

Isn’t it a thing you had missed??

He also suggested me to visit fandfcompositegroup.com and take a look at the fiber fences they offer. I instantly took my search over the web, and guess what I found? FiberFence is a personal favorite among army troops especially the US Army! What can be more satisfying than this statement! Once I found this, I knew that I'm on the right track and all thanks to my uncle Mr. Jason.

Comparison between Wrought Iron and Fiber Fencing

Wrought Iron

Wrought iron fencing like most common metals is susceptible to rust damage over time due to excessive weather exposure. You need to put in a little bit of maintenance from time to time to keep everything looking right with these fences. They are heavy and take a lot more work to attach properly. A vast majority of wrought iron fences are open designed, which means one can see right through them. And this can hamper the security of your home to some extent. The fences are dense, heavy and more difficult to work with. They are comparatively expensive and it’s quite easy to see why as compared to fiberglass fences.

Fiberglass

Being a fiberglass fence owner you are lucky enough to not stay worried about anything. These fences are painted using special powder coat paints which makes them extremely durable, weatherproof and waterproof. This too makes them extremely hard and not likely to fade over the years. They come in low maintenance and can be effectively cleaned with a wet rag or just by spraying it down with a hose, which makes them affordable to buy. Their modular build make the fences highly desirable.

So, Wrought Iron Or Fiber Fencing?

Hopefully, this all adds up to make your decision an easy one. fandfcompositegroup has several high quality fiber fence styles at the most affordable prices available on the market today!

Is this post useful? Click like or share now to help your friends decide which material is best for them for their next fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment